Rodway Hill v Sherdons
Sun 14th Jun 1pm
South Cerney v Sherdons
Sun 21st Jun 12.30pm
If you hold an Open event you'd like to promote, please send David the entry form.
Rules of the Gloucestershire Fourball Betterball League
LEAGUE FORMAT AND SCORING
1. The league is based on teams playing all other teams in the league twice.
2. Teams consist of 6 pairs.
League scoring is as follows:
1. Scoring is based upon Points per Hole Matchplay where every hole counts.
2. One Point is played for on each hole. The winning pair of the hole is awarded 1 point, the losing pair zero points. In the event of a halved hole both pairs are awarded half a point. 18 points are available in each tie.
3. All ties must be played to a conclusion to ensure all 18 points are played for. The result of the tie must therefore add up to 18. i.e. 9-9; 10-8; 11-7 etc.
4. The team score for the entire match is the sum of points per hole gained across the 6 ties. Therefore a total of 90 points are available and the sum of the two teams scores must add up to 90. Example results are therefore: 65-25; 47-43 etc
5. Divisional positions will be determined by points difference not on individual match results.